It is impossible not to be mesmerized by the beauty of the tropical islands. The warm sun, the crystal clear water, and the colorful fish make for a perfect vacation destination. But not everyone can afford to travel halfway across the world for their vacations.
Fortunately, you don’t need to go far at all to experience some of that island life; you need an above-ground pool. Round above ground pools is the newest trend in backyard design. They’re a great way to create an oasis in your yard, and they’re also one of the most affordable options for homeowners with smaller budgets.
If you want your backyard or patio area to feel like it’s in paradise this summer, then check out these 10 round above-ground pool deck ideas for 2022!
1. Above-Ground Pool with Fancy Lighting on Pool Wall
If you’ve already got an above-ground pool, but you’re not happy with the way it looks, don’t worry. You can transform your pool without spending a ton of money!
This idea gives the appearance of having a pool with tile work on the wall and integrated lighting so that your pool is always illuminated at night.
The ambiance will be perfect for nighttime swimming, and you won’t even have to worry about the cost of electricity.
2. Luxury Open Above-Ground Pool
If you want your above-ground pool to look like an elegant swimming hole that you could find in a luxurious getaway, then this is the idea for you!
With its high-end finish, stainless steel hardware, and decorative lighting fixtures, this pool is perfect for creating a resort-style atmosphere at home. You can even add tropical plants around the deck to really get that outside-of-the-box feel!
3. Small Backyard Glass Made Above-Ground Pool
If you’ve got a small yard but want to make the most of your backyard space, then this is the idea for you!
Glass-made allows you to create decomposed granite patios, walkways, and even swimming pools without needing any cement. It’s easy to install, and it’s resistant to mold, mildew, and other harsh elements, too.
This material pairs perfectly with this round above-ground pool with smooth sides for ultimate safety and comfort. And it’s safe to swim in this pool at night due to its integrated lighting features!
4. Above-Ground Swimming Pool with Slides
Although it’s only a modest slide on the deck, it provides the same thrill as any other slide riding.
This above-ground pool is a secure location for youngsters, thanks to its complete set of lounge amenities. Furthermore, it has a tall fence that will keep your children secure.
5. Composite Above Ground Pool Deck
This idea is perfect for a homeowner who wants a pool surrounded by opulent furniture with a modern design that still has a tropical vibe to it.
If you’re going to be entertaining guests in your backyard, then this idea would be perfect for you! You can even add an outdoor kitchen or fire pit with wood storage to make your backyard the ultimate gathering place!
6. Above Ground Pool Deck With Railings
This deck is a great place to relax and unwind with friends and family.
The modern materials and no-fuss layout highlight the calmness of the pool itself, giving your backyard or patio area a serene atmosphere that’s perfect for quiet summer evenings.
7. Semi Inground Pool Deck Ideas
If you want to go all out with your backyard oasis, then this idea is perfect for you.
This above-ground pool has a stylish deck area with lots of space. Suitable even for larger family gatherings, the expansive deck will be an excellent place to enjoy cocktails or make s’mores on summer nights!
8. Pool Wrapped in Wood and Stone
This tropical vibe pool is perfect for creating a tranquil atmosphere.
It has a wrap-around deck built from wood and stone, but it doesn’t have any harsh lines or colors that might take away from the peaceful feeling of the pool itself.
9. Above Ground Pool with Wooden Deck and Safety Fence
This idea is perfect for an adult pool because it doesn’t have stairs or steps.
The wooden deck is sturdy and gives the feeling of a natural retreat that’s just off in the distance. And it has that backyard fence around it, so you don’t need to worry about anyone wandering into your swimming area when you’re not home!
10. Above Ground Pool With Terraced Deck
This pool has a nice, calm atmosphere.
It’s perfect for swimming at night because it has lighting around the deck platform and pathways so you can keep track of where you’re walking, even in the darkest hours.
Tips on Building an Above-Ground Pool With Deck
- Hold a level at the midpoint of each short side of your pool deck area and draw a chalk line around the pool to mark this spot. This will be where you’ll need to sink your posts into for your deck railing or fencing to support it.
- Layout 10 equally spaced, 3-foot tall wooden stakes in a circle around your pool. Make sure they are leveled to the ground; if not, make sure you plant them deeper until they reach the desired height.
- Stretch out some string off each of the 10 wooden stakes on the inside circumference edge of your pool (i.e., between 3-5 inches). Connect these strings with more string at 10 points on the circle’s circumference.
- Dig post holes about 2 feet deep along each of your chalk lines, one for each wooden stake in your perimeter fence or railing. Make sure there is equal space between them.
- Pound some rebar dowels into your post holes using a weight to ensure they are securely in place.
- Insert your 6×6 posts into the holes and secure them in place with screws or nails along all 4 sides, making sure that they are firmly embedded into the ground for stability.
- Fill in the spaces between your 6×6 posts with 2×4 boards to form a rail about 3-4 feet high all-around your pool.
- Finish by attaching some posts onto the 2×4 railing boards at 3-5 foot intervals for overhead support to attach a retractable winter cover or tarp that can be rolled up in warmer weather to protect your deck and pool from harsh weather.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to finish a deck around an above-ground swimming pool?
The expenses of above-ground swimming pools are quite varied, especially depending on size and kind—the most inexpensive ( $200) to the most expensive ($6000). According to a published online report, the average price of an above-ground pool with a deck is $1653.
What else may I do to make my backyard more enjoyable all year?
Above-ground pool decks may be rather large, allowing for other outdoor recreations. Install a hot tub to unwind in all seasons. Add a fire pit or chiminea for summer marshmallow roasting and keeping warm on chilly nights. You may use your outside area in the wintertime when it’s not summer.
A pergola or a portion of a deck cover may provide shade or shelter from the rain. Covering your pool area furniture beneath a shaded location also protects it from UV radiation and weathering.
What is the best thing to put around an above-ground pool?
There are many choices for decking, but the best is to select an anti-slip material. It could be made of wood or metal, but make sure it has a non-slippery surface. For example, if you want to make your deck made of aluminum, always choose the one with a textured surface. If you prefer wood, make sure the wood is made of hardwood and has a thick surface.
We’ve compiled 10 different ways to make your round pool deck stand out–whether it’s by adding curves or simply playing up its shape. We hope these ideas inspire you to get creative and utilize this unique space in your home just as much as any indoor living room or backyard.
Our list of the most creative, futuristic, and design-driven bar designs to inspire your home bars. Includes links to photo galleries and full specifications.